Friday, January 7, 2011

Asher Turns One

On November 24, 2010 Asher turned ONE!!


His birthday fell on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving so we celebrated as a family of 3. We took him to Dairy Queen for his first taste of ice cream!! I am pretty sure he enjoyed it and I tried to make sure he didn't get a brain freeze.

We had his party the Saturday after Thanksgiving and it was western theme. He makes such a cute cowboy! All of our family came in, most from out of town, and lavished him with gifts. Because the party was western, I made cowbow stew and cornbread for lunch.

The day I made Asher's cake was one of my highlights of 2010. I make cookies and cake for many people, but I was so excited to be making MY SON'S birthday cake. There were some weepy moments because it was his first birthday but mostly I was so happy to be doing it. The bottom was an italian cream cake and the horseshoe was chocolate both iced in cream cheese icing. Jeremy made the little cowboy hat and rope out of fondant!!

And the shining star...Asher's smash cake!! His cake was a plain white cake with cream cheese icing. Can you tell that I love cream cheese icing?
We had a great day celebrating this huge milestone!! I still can't believe he is ONE!! Everyday just gets better and better!!



1 comment:

  1. You are amazing with decorating cakes...you too Brother Jeremy! Can't believe he is one already!!!

    ReplyDelete