Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas 2010

So, obviously Christmas has come and gone but I feel I need to blog about it so I have something to look back on. We had a great Christmas...but it always goes by so quickly!!
We spent Christmas Eve day in Houston celebrating with Jeremy's family. A good time was had by all. We were very thankful that we invested in a minivan because it was FULL at the end of the day.
Christmas morning was so much fun this year since Asher is old enough to help open his presents. He helped all of us open presents and loved making a big mess. He got a couple of gifts from Jeremy and I, one of which is this Texans hat. It is toddler size and fits his large head very well.

After presents we had breakfast. Growing up we always had our family over for breakfast on Christmas morning, but as my parents have moved away and we have all gotten older this tradition no longer exists. But I wanted to start something for my family and I thought cinnamon rolls sounded yummy!! So Christmas eve night I made them and baked them off on Christmas morning. They looked amazing and they tasted amazing!!


You can resist this face!! Of course he got a cinnamon roll but only half because they were so sweet!!

For lunch we went down to have lunch with family and play silly games. Then on Sunday, we left to head to the hill country for some time with my family. Asher and the dogs did well on the journey both to and fro.

We definitely enjoyed our time with family and the holidays but we were glad to get back to our regular schedule.

PS...you know you are with grandparents when you let your child do something like this!!






1 comment:

  1. Good pictures but I want to see more of you!!! ;) Those cinn. rolls look scrumptious!!!! I think you need to do a post just on them!

    And the last picture with the rocking chair...

    Asher, the little climber he is, this will probably be a common sight for you. Get the bandaids ready!!!

    ReplyDelete