Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Asher Turns 2

 *this post is a bit wordy...enjoy

Asher turned 2 years old on November 24.  His birthday fell on Thanksgiving day this year and what a blessing it is to be able to give thanks for him. 

Since Piper was born, he has grown up so much. Instantly he became bigger because Piper was so small. His vocabulary has increased and most of the time he is obedient...except for the occasional toddler meltdown.  How I love the toddler meltdown!! 

He gave up his paci right after his birthday.  I say gave up but what I really mean is that we lost it and he had to give it up. He did great.  I don't remember him fussing at bedtime. 

He loves his sister and lately has been trying to help entertain her with rattles and the music box he loved so much as a baby.  It melts my heart every night that he gives her a kiss goodnight. 


 He is really into Toy Story...this is his Buzz Lightyear!  He will start running around the house and holler "To Infinity and Beyond."  It took me awhile to figure out what he was saying but once I figured it out I was amazed.  I am still amazed at how much he picks up during a movie.  He is just like a sponge.  For Christmas this year we got him Buzz Lightyear action figure (don't call it a doll) and it has been a hit.  He loves it.  I think he played with it for two days straight before he realized he received more toys. 


He has become quite the helper.  Anytime I start something in the kitchen he goes to get his stool and wants to help. He has helped make waffles, red velvet cake and dinner multiple times. When he is done eating, he will bring his plate to the sink and wants to rinse it and then wash his hands.  He enjoys unloading the dishwasher and putting clothes on to wash.  I sometimes get frustrated because it takes me longer to do my chores when he helps but then I just remind myself that he is watching what we do and wants to be big!


Asher has become very independent.  Other than helping me with chores, he has been known to have some independent play time during the day.  When I rock Piper for her naps I tell him what I am doing and that he needs to stay in the living room or his room.  Most of the time he will get caught up playing with cars in his room that when I get done with Piper he doesn't notice. I think it is so sweet that his imagination is growing. He wants/tries to do everything by himself!!  I don't know how but he can completely work the DVD player.  I have heard this said of most toddlers but I still think it pretty amazing.

One of my favorite things about Asher right now is this...He will run through the house yelling MA! MA! and when he finds me, he stops, wraps his arms around my legs, looks into my eyes and says, "Hi Mom"  and runs back to wherever he was playing.  It cracks me up everytime.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment