Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Dinner

Monday morning I woke up to this lovely box of chocolates greeting me in the kitchen!! It was a total surprise. Jeremy and I don't really do much for Valentine's Day...we think it is for those that are dating...but anyway. He totally knows how to make me happy, but I would have been happy without the chocolate, but happier with the chocolate!! I digress...


Before Asher came into this world, we would have breakfast together on the morning of Valentine's Day but now that we have Asher and Valentine's Day was on a Monday, I decided to make a special dinner for us.
I have always wanted to roast a chicken but was too scared to do it. Silly me!! So that is what I made for our dinner...
Roasted Chicken!!!

I must say, I don't know what I was scared of. It was quite simple and it wasn't a disaster!! I followed a recipe and cooked it in my dutch oven for a couple of hours and it looked beautiful. However...I cooked it with the breast side down so there wasn't much flavor there but the dark meat was juicy and flavorful. I even put some garlic, lemon and celery in the cavity of the chicken like the pros do!!
I am most impressed that I actually made the thing. I now have the confidence to roast a chicken and next time I am going to slather it in butter!!
Also...the chicken cost me less than $5.00 and we still have some in the fridge!! What a bargain!

1 comment: